We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Monitoring & restart question

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

Enzo

Monitoring & restart question

Post by Enzo »

Does this Uninstaller have a active monitoring process such as a service to monitor changes a software undergoes?

Also how do I install & trace a program that requires reboot? Does the tracing continue after reboot or do I need to 1st complete the tracing then reboot?

Once I have the questions and satisfied with the answers I shall proceed to purchase this program. I like that it has good support on the forum.

I have used
Total uninstall - Bad at getting snapshots
Revo Uninstaller - Made my PC not bootable
Advanced Uninstaller Pro - Takes forever to get snapshots done
Your Uninstaller - Poor uninstallation leaves traces behind

Thank you.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Monitoring & restart question

Post by Steven »

Enzo,

Thank you for the question.

Currently it's required to finish tracing before reboot, it cannot proceed with tracing after it. Install Tracker is fast and accurate (it traces only processes related to the current installation), unfortunately disability of tracing after reboot is currently a limitation of that technique.

Eliminating of this issue currently in the TODO list, though not a hi priority.
Does this Uninstaller have a active monitoring process such as a service to monitor changes a software undergoes?
It does. But it's active only when installation is active - for performance and stability.
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Thanks so much for the fast response. Countless uninstallers have very bad support. I'm shocked how prompt and precise my answers were.

I'm 101% purchasing this software today. I've run a few tests on it and am very satisfied that it let's me see the traces before saving so I can catch if anything in the trace might be caught from another program.

Also tracing and removing traces is so fast and smooth. I'm satisfied thanks & take care.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Enzoб

Thank you :smile: