We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

making a bootable ISO from an image

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about AnyToISO. Discussion of bugs and problems found in AnyToISO, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

brianinberthoud

making a bootable ISO from an image

Post by brianinberthoud »

(I recently purchased the portable version)
Is that possible?
I created an image of a server (windows 2008) using Clonezilla. I moved it to my local machine. Used AnytoISO to make an ISO from a folder but saw no way to make it bootable. When I copy the ISO over to my proxmox machine and create the VM it can't boot.
Any help?
Thank you,
Brian
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: making a bootable ISO from an image

Post by Steven »

brianinberthoud
Bootable images are not supported yet (not many requests). In order to create a bootable image from a folder one should also specify the boot loader (special binary file) actually
brianinberthoud

Post by brianinberthoud »

Thank you for the response!

WIth all of the virutalization talk being done today, I'm trying (testing or playing around with) to virtualize one of my servers from an HP box to a Proxmox VM. It seemed like you product was the missing piece to get an image to an ISO to upload to Proxmox and then create a VM in Proxmox using the ISO.
Seems like it is a well established procedure but I'm not able to find all of the puzzle pieces.
Brian
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

brianinberthoud
Detailed explanation of AnyToISO job: http://www.crystalidea.com/files/docs/A ... _Guide.pdf (Under ' Folder to ISO' section)
Also available as a tutorial: http://www.crystalidea.com/folder-to-is ... rom-folder