We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Autodesk LT 2014 uninstall

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

jackerbes

Autodesk LT 2014 uninstall

Post by jackerbes »

I used the 64 bit version of unintall tool to uninstall and remove all traces of a trial version of Autocad LT 2014 from a Windows 7 install. I no longer see any Autodesk programs when I run uninstalltool again. But all the Autodesk programs as still in place.

I have done a restart, the Autocad LT program will not run, and it is still not seen in uninstalltool.

There is a uninstall program with Autocad (I did not run it first) and that no longer will run either.

Any ideas?

Jack

Added note: Version used is the portable version of uninstalltool, ran 64 bit version on windows 7 Pro.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Autodesk LT 2014 uninstall

Post by Steven »

jackerbes

I'd recommend installing Autocad again with Install Tracker and perform removal again.
jackerbes

Post by jackerbes »

Steven wrote:jackerbes

I'd recommend installing Autocad again with Install Tracker and perform removal again.
I don't recall seeing the Install Tracker in the portable version. Can that be used from the portable version too? I don't have any context menus there.

I am on version 3.3.2 now and see that a 3.3.3 version is available. I'll update to that soon.

Jack
jackerbes

Post by jackerbes »

Hi again, I am on version 5.3.3 build 5324 x64 now and still don't see the tracker.

Jack
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

jackerbes
It works in portable version, there's a button 'Install and Trace'
jackerbes

Post by jackerbes »

Steven wrote:jackerbes
It works in portable version, there's a button 'Install and Trace'
Please run the portable version and look at it. I cannot find that button. I do not think it is there.

Again, I am running the portable version of Install Tool, I have no context menu or start menu to find that 'Install and Trace' button on because I am running Install Tool from a flash drive.

Jack
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Here it is:
Attachments
sshot-2014-03-12-[1].png
sshot-2014-03-12-[1].png (68.63 KiB) Viewed 12407 times
jackerbes

Post by jackerbes »

OK, there it is. I must be stupid after all.

I see I have to elect to use it before I run an install. So it is too late for it to help me with the last install on AutoCAD LT 2014. But I will install again and use it.

If you want to look into a possible problem with the way the Install Tool works now, you might download and install the AutoCAD LT 2014 Trial version (it will be free). When I ran an uninstall and remove all traces with Uninstall Tool it indicated that it had removed all traces when, in fact it had removed few, if any, parts of the program and it continues to not find any of the remaining traces after numerous restarts.

So, simply stated, Uninstall Tool is not working well with that app. Maybe you can find a way to improve your product.

I'll install AutoCAD LT 2014 Trial again if I can, and uninstall with the Uninstall app provided that app, to see if that will clean up my system and get rid of it.

Thanks again for your help.

Jack
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

jackerbes
Thanks for the information, will look into this issue