We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Silent/unattended install command line switches?

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

smith.jane67

Silent/unattended install command line switches?

Post by smith.jane67 »

Good day. I already know /S switch works, but after silent install it launches the program. Which simply won't do. Any switch to disable the auto-launch? And maybe a switch to choose default installation folder as well? What ARE command line switches for this program anyway? And I'm not talking only about installation ones. Thank you.

P.S. Can't believe something so relevant isn't documented anywhere. Not that I have seen.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Silent/unattended install command line switches?

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

You were talking about /S switch .. but for what program?
smith.jane67

Post by smith.jane67 »

Oh, pardon me, I got caught up in work and confused - yes, indeed, Uninstall Tool does not seem to support the /S switch, i mistook it for another program. So does Uninstall Tool have any command-line switches for silent installation? Or this feature is not currently supported?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

smith.jane67
You would like if Install Tracker could suppress running of the app after installation? This is totally up to setup program. The only thing you can do is use /S switch (or whatever) as a command line parameter for you app when installing new program after pressing this button:

smith.jane67

Post by smith.jane67 »

Steven wrote:smith.jane67
You would like if Install Tracker could suppress running of the app after installation? This is totally up to setup program.
Obviously that is up to program's installer. This is not what I'm asking.

What are Uninstall Tool's installer command line parameters? You know, uninstalltool_setup.exe.

Since you missed the point of my question twice, I am assuming your installer does support any kind of command line parameters and silent installation?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Hello,

uninstalltool_setup.exe doesn't support /S switch
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Is there any way to install Uninstall Tool silently and have it automatically choose to install the Trace service? I found that i can in fact silently install it using the following switches however the trace service doesn't get installed:

/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Skrell
I think you have to pass /TASKS parameter

Available tasks: desktopicon, quicklaunchicon, control_panel_icon, install_service

install_service is what you need probably.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Steven wrote:Skrell
I think you have to pass /TASKS parameter

Available tasks: desktopicon, quicklaunchicon, control_panel_icon, install_service

install_service is what you need probably.
Can you please give me an example of the syntax if i wanted to use BOTH control_panel_icon and install_service?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Code: Select all

/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP- /TASKS control_panel_icon,install_service
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Thank you!
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

BTW, i am having a very hard time getting the install_service switch to work . I have built several "silent" installs of uninstall tool now and none work including ones that have your EXACT command line switches. Everytime i try to start the "install and trace" service i get the following error: Image
Nickovv

Post by Nickovv »

Hello. I write with a translator.
Prompt key silent installation of this program to the end of the installation program does not start.

uninstalltool_setup.exe /VERYSILENT /(What insert here so that the program does not start after installation?)