We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Install on second computer

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

BudMeister

Install on second computer

Post by BudMeister »

I have two (2) computers. I purchased Uninstall Tool for one of them, and downloaded the program for the Windows 7 machine. After a period of time, I went to use Uninstall Tool on the 7 machine and received a pop up stating that I had to purchase another license in order to run it on another computer. That's fine, so I clicked on the 'Buy' link and was taken to a page where I purchased it what I thought was a license for $24.95 US.

The download link was sent to me with the key etc, and it was in that email that I noticed that a license for a SECOND computer could be had for $14.95. So I started an online 'dispute' process in where I told someone about this and that I respectfully requested a $10.00 refund.

I then received notice "Dear sir, Upgrading to a new system is free. Just enter your registration name and code on Windows 7 system again." So I did, and requested the refund. I was then told "Uninstall Tool has a trial perioud and is not refundable accorind to the refund policy."

So it's obvious that something isn't clear somewhere. All I want it a ten dollar refund because I installed Uninstall Tool on a SECOND computer. I can't really understand what's going on here. It looks like I could have simply entered my ORIGINAL key in the program on the 7 machine and all would have been fine. But I'm not that kind of guy. If I'm 'required' to purchase a key for a SECOND computer for $14.95 then so be it. I didn't KNOW that until I paid $24.95 for what I thought was the SECOND key.

I wish someone in charge will sort this out. The program is one of the finest for what it's for, but if this is the way your customer's are going to be treated, then I will find it very difficult to recommend it to anyone else.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Install on second computer

Post by Steven »

BudMeister
We apologize for the misunderstanding. Didn't know you're an exising customer, the second order is refunded $10.

Sorry for taking your time.
BudMeister

Re: Install on second computer

Post by BudMeister »

I knew there had to be some kind of misunderstanding. It's just that I get frustrated quite easily when something seems so simple to me, and I can't understand how someone else can't see my point of view. I appreciate getting to the bottom of this, I really do.

Thanks again