We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Unistall Tool portable; CisUtMonitor doesn't work

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

KathRa

Unistall Tool portable; CisUtMonitor doesn't work

Post by KathRa »

I bought the portable version of unistall tool yesterday and try to trace an installation on Windows 8 Pro, but it tells me that CisUtMonitor doesn't work. Do I have to install the tool to get this feature working?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Unistall Tool portable; CisUtMonitor doesn't work

Post by Steven »

You have to install the driver from the app by pressing Install & Trace from the bottom toolbar.
(after registering portable version with license.dat file)
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

I just purchased the portable version of this tool and i had this same problem. I could only get the service to install by right-clicking the inf file and choosing "install" then it seems to work.

However, i want to know how can i get UninstallTool added to the windows shell right click menu so i can just right-click on an executable and choose "install and trace" without having to open up the program every time ?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Skrell
Please see my post above.
However, i want to know how can i get UninstallTool added to the windows shell right click menu so i can just right-click on an executable and choose "install and trace" without having to open up the program every time ?
You have to install normal (not portable) version of Uninstall Tool and register it by entering the name/code:
http://crystalidea.com/how-to-register- ... purchasing
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Steven wrote:Skrell
Please see my post above.
You have to install normal (not portable) version of Uninstall Tool and register it by entering the name/code:
http://crystalidea.com/how-to-register- ... purchasing
So the portable license also works for the installer version? You should probably put this information on that page you linked me too as i wouldn't have assumed this.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

So the portable license also works for the installer version? You should probably put this information on that page you linked me too as i wouldn't have assumed this.
Yes, will do!