We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Uninstall Tool Portable Removed by Norton 360

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

elmo

Uninstall Tool Portable Removed by Norton 360

Post by elmo »

I have just purchased the portable version of the Uninstall Tool V3.4, but when I try to use it on a Windows 7 (64 bit) PC, Norton states that UninstallTool.exe is not safe and removes it from the USB. It gives the threat name as WS.Reputation.1. What can I do to fix this?

The UninstallTool appears to work fine on my other two PCs - both Windows 8.1 (one 64 bit and the other 32 bit) - also running Norton 360 - with out problems.

Thanks
lear35

Uninstall tool removed by Norton WS.Reputation.1 virus

Post by lear35 »

Norton anti-virus removes uninstalltool.exe everytime I try to run the program. This is the portable version of uninstall tool . Any ideas as what I can do? I purchased the program today and used the download link in the email I received.

Thanks, Karl
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Uninstall Tool Portable Removed by Norton 360

Post by Steven »

elmo
lear35

It was a false-positive. Please re-download the app
http://www.crystalidea.com/downloads/un ... rtable.zip
elmo

Post by elmo »

I have just downloaded the latest version to my Windows 8 PC and Norton is now removing X64helper.exe
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

elmo
Thank you for the report. It's a false positive again, we reported to Symantec.
For now, simply re-download the app, we modified X64helper.exe
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Symantec response:
In relation to submission [3712826].

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and as such this detection will be removed from our products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... nload.html

Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the Software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving landscape.