We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Questions about Install Tracker (installing Quicken HB 2015)

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

O Sa

Questions about Install Tracker (installing Quicken HB 2015)

Post by O Sa »

Quicken HB 2015 refuses to function. HB2012 no problems.:crazy:
it may be more a M/S issue..quicken says it is FORMAT C: :O: :%)
HB goes thru the install and looks like everything is ok. Click on the begin button and window open then closes, Shift/cnt will open the interface but no response.
When I run trace with the install it never stops though the HB install says completed ok.
I'm thinking there is something not existing correctly but not sure if that can be tracked down using Trace? :unknown:
Still becoming familiar with Trace so suggestion would be :Bravo: :good: :Bravo:
Thanks,
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Problems with Quicken HB 2015

Post by Steven »

HB2015
I'm sorry, what is it? How is it connected with Uninstall Tool?
O Sa

Post by O Sa »

I wanted to use trace to attempt to figure out what is wrong with hb2015. HB2015 says it installs ok but doesn't work, and the trace never stops until I stop it. With HB2012 trace closes after the 2012 install.
Wondering if it's possible to figure out why trace does not stop? Can Trace ID why? I'm comparing the install logs on both but not sure what to look for if trace is waiting on a process?
I was thinking the hb install might be better addressed thru Microsoft. I'd like to gather as much info for them I can.

Thanks,
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Install Tracker stops automatically when all installation processes and child processes finished their job.

If any of related processes is still running, one has to stop the tracing manually, it's a normal situation.

After tracing completed, one is able to view tracing log by right clicking on a traced item in the list of apps and choose Traced Data -> View as XML.
O Sa

Re: Questions about Install Tracker (installing Quicken HB 2015)

Post by O Sa »

Thanks for the info. Looks very good.

While t/s this problem I removed all versions of HB then used traced and reinstalled hb2012. Then used trace to install 2015. 2015 removes any other versions if there are any and it did. Just saw that 2012 is still in the installed list under the tracker. No biggie but thought it might be confusing to others.

I'm pursuing a solution thru Microsoft on the hb problem :%)
if I find a solution without reformat I'll post a ref for anyone interested.

Was wondering it there is an uninstall tool available that would remove all traces of the user data left behind by programs?

Thanks