We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Cannot open CisUtMonitor service. Please reinstall the ...?

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

robains

Cannot open CisUtMonitor service. Please reinstall the ...?

Post by robains »

I purchased the Uninstall tool (3.4.3) portable license and I can't use the Install and Trace feature?

Quick search and I saw a thread that mentions this feature doesn't work with the "Portable" version? I'm having a hard time understanding that since the portable version costs more?

Do I have to buy ANOTHER "private" version license???

Not very happy about this.

Rob.
robains

Re: Cannot open CisUtMonitor service. Please reinstall the ...?

Post by robains »

SOLVED

The links Crystalidea provided to "Fix" this issue in Portable mode are simply INCORRECT ... I did click on the install and Trace button and still got the above error.

There was another thread that mentions I have to Install the "CisUtMonitor.inf" manually ... this is located in the appropriate 32bit or 64bit OS folder under the Uninstall Tools root - in my case x64. Right click the CisUtMonitor.inf and select Install. Now the "Install and Trace" feature will work as expected.

I'm baffled at why this extra step is required for the portable version and why it's not handle automatically??

Rob.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Cannot open CisUtMonitor service. Please reinstall the ...?

Post by Steven »

robains
One has to first activate the portable version with license.dat file. After that Install & Trace button will propose to install the driver.
http://www.crystalidea.com/how-to-regis ... purchasing