We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Unable to install new Uninstall Tool 3.4.4

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

Fixitmad

Re: Unable to install new Uninstall Tool 3.4.4

Post by Fixitmad »

Hi Steven,

Yes I have administrator rights but tonight when I get home I will take screenshots again using the run-as command. Do you want me to use the new developer version you linked to still?

Thanks.
Fixitmad

Post by Fixitmad »

Steven,

I ran the Development version with the Run-As Administrator option and I still got this error message. No change. Please let me know if you have something that can clean my registry of any previous Uninstall Tool settings.

My next option is to reformat and erase my entire system and try again but that seems very Extreme to me!
Attachments
2016-02-01 19_29_31-Development Version.png
2016-02-01 19_29_31-Development Version.png (19.68 KiB) Viewed 28041 times
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Fixitmad, sorry for the late reply.

The problem is NOT in something connected with Uninstall Tool neither anything that is left from the previous version of the app.
It's looks clearly for me as system issue: the setup behaves as if it's started with limited access rights, normally it must run under administrative access.

Currently I have 2 solutions for you:

1. Try to download and unpack the portable ZIP package of Uninstall Tool and unpack it to the program folder. Normally, only utshellext.dll will not be copied (because it's in use by the system). Run Uninstall Tool from this folder.
http://www.crystalidea.com/downloads/un ... rtable.zip

2. Reinstall/Repair Windows
Fixitmad

Post by Fixitmad »

Steven,

Thanks for your help. Just wanted to let you know that I started to uninstall applications (for an eventual reinstall of Windows) I had and then I got to a point and said "let me see if I can install 3.44 now" and low and behold it worked.

I removed a bunch of software some of them from SONY creative software and others and now I can install the update. Still now sure why removing some programs allowed this program to work, but I am now set without the need to reinstall Windows.

Just thought I would update this post.

Thanks again.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Fixitmad
Thanks the follow-up, happy it works now.