We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Is AVG Uninstall Tool Compatible With WIN 98 SE?

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

dalearden

Is AVG Uninstall Tool Compatible With WIN 98 SE?

Post by dalearden »

Can anyone tell me if the AVG Uninstall tool is compatible with Win 98 SE? I can't get AVG off of my older computer, and really need a good uninstall tool that will do this!

Thanx, ;)
Dale
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Is AVG Uninstall Tool Compatible With WIN 98 SE?

Post by Steven »

dalearden

Post by dalearden »

Nuts!!! Have you any idea how to remove the free version of AVG from a Win 98 SE computer? I've called AVG and offerred to pay them to remove it and they flatly refused.

This is a second computer that is used only if my main WIN XP Pro computer goes on the fritz, and I need internet access via its dial-up capability. I've tried every removal program available, (in safe mode and out of safe mode), and have been unable to remove the free AVG 7.5.560 program from this computer, in order to be able to install another free anti-virus program.

Can anyone help??? I'm desperate... :(

Thanx,
Dale
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Sent you a private message.
dalearden

Post by dalearden »

Thanx for trying, Steven, but I've already tried this uninstaller, and for some reason, it crashed the computer, (Norton Crashguard stated "unknown module" as the cause of the crash, which wasn't much help). I note in the reviews of the uninstaller on Sofpedia's page, that it crashed someone else's computer who was also running WIN 98 SE.

I am running Go-Back on this computer, but I disabled it and tried running this uninstaller to no avail.

I simply at am my wit's end trying to get rid of this dog without reformatting the entire computer. Any other ideas???

There aren't many uninstallers that are still compatible with WIN 98 SE, and I think therein lies the problem! :(

Many thanx again,

Dale
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

dalearden,

Just reinstall the OS, the only way out.
dalearden

Post by dalearden »

Thanx for trying, folks...It's appreciated! If anyone thinks of anything, or can locate an uninstaller that is still compatible with WIN 98 SE, do give me another shout!

:cry:
Dale