We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Continuously monitoring new installations

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

asaens

Continuously monitoring new installations

Post by asaens »

Any plans of a version that gives user option of monitoring continuously for new installations? (might be good for catching malware also)
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Continuously monitoring new installations

Post by Steven »

asaens
You mean a Monitor that is always running and detects installations automatically?
asaens

Post by asaens »

Yes, similar to Comodo Program Manager ... I've seen it in a few other programs that monitor installations. CPM does it automatically but I would prefer for it to ask me if I want it to monitor the installation like "Installation detected ... would you like to monitor the installation? Y/N". Also it would be nice if the main program had an option to activate/deactivate this feature.
eil

Post by eil »

asaens, i can be mistaken, but IMO such monitoring could be too difficult task =it's not so easy to determine whether program is installing or just starting. yet, programs like Comodo use it's wast abilities over system observation as a whole, so that's much easier for them.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

This feature is difficult to implement, but actually that's a good idea. It will be considered in future