We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

feature proposition - marking the new installed applications

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

Godangel

feature proposition - marking the new installed applications

Post by Godangel »

I have a proposition regarding marking the new installed applications.

Current "new installed application" list is inconvenient as it shows only once. Even if there are any needless apps, user doesn't know it in 99% as he hasn't tested them for enough time. Also if accidently close UnistallTool they won't be seen again.
Of course, apps can be sorted by date, but there are many "undoubted" applications like Microsoft Office or Skype and some useless SuperVideoConverter among them - so it can easily be missed. Also it takes some time anyway to look for it.

The point is to make column where marks on all new applications will be placed. And those marks can be removed only manually - marks from "undoubted" apps will be removed, but SuperVideoConverter continue be marked "new" even after a year, so when I decide to cleanup, I'll know what soft should I del.
Also it'll be good if mark "new" can be set manually in addition to automatic (for example, if user wrongly removes those mark).
And the same thing is necessary to Autorun Tab as there is no date column at all - I have to remember every line there to find the new one!
P.S. Same thing as described was released in freeware version 1.0 of jv16 PowerTools, but they can't do such cleanup as UninstallTool.

P.P.S. Also a new tab to manually remove registry entries like in jv16 PowerTools 1.0 might be helpful when I just using uninstall icon in Start Menu instead of UninstallTool.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: feature proposition - marking the new installed applications

Post by Steven »

Godangel
Thank you for the feature, we'll consider this option (with possible variants) in future versions.