We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Problems uninstalling 2 programmes

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

SCRIPTXXX

Problems uninstalling 2 programmes

Post by SCRIPTXXX »

I am having a problem in removing 2 programmes ASK TOOLBAR and ADOBE READER. Each time I try to do it, it takes forever and then gives an option to retry. Any suggestions?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Problems uninstalling 2 programmes

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

try the Force Removal option.
SCRIPTXXX

Post by SCRIPTXXX »

Hi thank you for the tip. I succesfuuly uninstall the Ask toolbar. When I came to do this with the Adobe Reader it seemed to warn against it and so I gave it another try to uninstall the normal way. Can you please advise me thanks
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

SCRIPTXXX, what kind of warning did you see?
SCRIPTXXX

Post by SCRIPTXXX »

I should have made a note of what appeared to be a warning. In the end I just removed Adobe Reader using 'Force', as it has been causing so many problems - primarily causing IE to shut down all open windows when a webpage is a pdf. (I have no idea why). So thanks for your help
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

I suppose IE windows closed because Adobe installed a plugin to the IE (for viewing PDF files), thus during the uninstall the plug-in was deleted.