We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Sort by time and commandline support

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

textpattern

Sort by time and commandline support

Post by textpattern »

I used al lot of uninstall tools before. I install "Unintsall Tool(UT)" recently. I love the super fast speed of UT, and it has a track install feature working well.

I have some suggestions about UT:
1. sort by time: I want to see recently installed softwares each time. Why not make "sort by time" as default. Now UT sorts softwares by name. Even I changed the sort order, UT restored "sort by name" next time.

2. I find open menu in Total Commander is difficult(I use right button to select). Is there a way to use track install feature in commanderline? So I can make a button to use track feature instead of opening menu.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Sort by time and commandline support

Post by Steven »

textpattern
Thanks for the feedback!

1. Under construction!

2. UninstallTool.exe /install "<executable_or_msi_path>"
textpattern

Post by textpattern »

Thank you for quick reply.

I am waiting for the new version now.
eil

Post by eil »

does command-line parameters mentioned anywhere in help file? sorry for asking, but i seem to be not able to read it - for some reasons font is too small and doesn't adjust with ctrl+wheel.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

eil
I'm sorry, there's no command line description in the help file (at the moment). The "/install" parameter is currently the only available for a user, others are used by the installer/uninstaller (uninstalltool_setup.exe)
eil

Post by eil »

Steven, can you please make a "live" example of appropriate command line syntax? i'm trying to make a button in custom file manager, using internal scripting "run" command, but can't archive success. :(
for example i have UT installed in C:\Program Files\Uninstall Tool and i want to trace install from D:\try it\some_app.exe = what will that be?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Code: Select all

UninstallTool.exe /install "C:\Program Files (x86)\AnyToISO\anytoiso.exe"
eil

Post by eil »

sorry, not quite sufficient help. main problem here is with quotes(number and position of them). could you please state a similar example that can be used in batch file? it will be run not from UT folder, so full paths must be used.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Uninstall Tool\UninstallTool.exe" /install "C:\Program Files (x86)\AnyToISO\anytoiso.exe"