We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Layout Suggestion

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

Randomlad

Layout Suggestion

Post by Randomlad »

I don't know what the planned layout is, but I'm basing this on the current version. It's just a quick mockup, hopefully you developers find it inspiring, in some way. Please feel free to comment.

P.S, it isn't "done", it was made in a hurry.
Attachments
sample.png
sample.png (164.47 KiB) Viewed 14991 times
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Layout Suggestion

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your suggestion and picture!

We will definitely consider this layout for future versions and appreciate user feedback.
Randomlad

Post by Randomlad »

Thank you Steven, I improved it slightly. With the idea of a "User Rating system", i.e, users can rate the software safety(not shown in the picture), plus adding a meaningful description.
Attachments
sample.png
sample.png (150.6 KiB) Viewed 14988 times
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Randomlad,

Unfortunately there's not way to get "meaningful" description. Adding it manually (and also rating) in most cases (one user) is an excessive action, while Uninstall Tool is positioned as a fast way of removing applications.

Thank you for the layout update.
Randomlad

Post by Randomlad »

Steven wrote:Randomlad,

Unfortunately there's not way to get "meaningful" description. Adding it manually (and also rating) in most cases (one user) is an excessive action, while Uninstall Tool is positioned as a fast way of removing applications.

Thank you for the layout update.
Ah, I understand, I got driven a way a bit. It's not really related to uninstalling. I like that you want to keep it simple, clean and effective. Regarding the Description though, I was thinking of mentioning using Google or Wikipedia to fetch a short description? Then again, this would require the user to have internet connect, and perhaps not a very good solution in reliability and quality of the description either. Anyway.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear Randomlad,

Thank you very much for the idea, Google feature will be implemented in next versions :smile: