We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Uninstall Problem (remove icon from Control Panel)

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

budzuski

Uninstall Problem (remove icon from Control Panel)

Post by budzuski »

I had the trial ver 2.95 originally installed and It ran out. I uninstalled the prog but the control panel icon did not remove. So then I installed ver 2.96 and of course it sensed the trial had run out so I uninstalled it again hoping to remove the cpl left over in the contol panel. Alas! It did not work cuz its still there. When I did clic on it an error popped up and said Explorer.exe not found (???? why that?). I am using win7 64 bit OS. I would enclose screenshot of the error but don't know how to get it off the clipboard. Ctrl V doesn't work here. Some help here would be appreciated!
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Uninstall Problem

Post by Steven »

budzuski,

We have reproduced the problem in Windows 7 X64, thank you.
The issue will be fixed within a day.
budzuski

Re: Uninstall Problem

Post by budzuski »

Thanks Steve for the quick responce. I will watch the post for a fix.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Uninstall Problem (remove icon from Control Panel)

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

New Uninstall Tool 2.9.6 Build 5102 should remove the Control Panel icon without a problem.
budzuski

Post by budzuski »

I installed and then uninstalled and it removed the control panel icon. It worked just fine. I must say I am very much impressed with your product support to a person who has not even purchased your product. Its not that I don't like the program (it's prob the best available compared to others I've tried), but I am currently laid off and can not afford it at this time. However, I most definetly will consider it at a future time. Again, I am VERY impressed with your support and quick responce time at CrystalIDEA! Thanks again Steve.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for such kind words :smile: Technical support is very important for us, as well as users feedback.
Randomlad

Post by Randomlad »

I agree, developers ACTUALLY seem to listen to the community, I love developers/cooperation who realize they might be wrong/flaws, and instead of being a hulk, they accept their flaw and do something about it. So far my experience my CrystalIdea is very positive, I will definitely be buying the software, and recommend it to my colleges. Might even throw in a small donation if I feel in a good mood. :)
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Randomlad, budzuski
We're happy to hear such feedback from our users. It really inspires CrystalIDEA and proves that we're on the right way :smile: