We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Love This App

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

Morisato

Love This App

Post by Morisato »

I have a Nvidia GPU and installed Mafia 2 demo which automatically installed physx. After which I switched to an ATi card and got rid of my old Nvidia. Thing is when I went to Uninstall Program through windows, it gave an error and I could not uninstall it. I ran Uninstall Tool and it work flawlessly. Another reason to use this great app. I've yet to see any improvements that need to be made for it yet but for some reason I've usually used Windows Uninstall rather than UT's from a past experience that I had that it didn't full uninstall an app I had before. Maybe its totally different this time. Does the functions that UT use to uninstall a software/game follow the way Windows Uninstall program uses?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Love This App

Post by Steven »

Dear Morisato,

Thank you for your kind words.

Uninstall Tool uses its own algorithms in finding and removing program traces, but in most cases it first runs the same default program uninstaller as it's defined for a certain app. It should be done prior to finding and removing leftover traces.

PS. Mafia was a great game in former times :good:
Morisato

Post by Morisato »

Is it possible to make an option to have previous installed apps highlighted still until a more recent installed app occurs instead of just disappeared after being shown once?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

You can click on the "Installed On" column header and all new apps will be on the top of the list.
Rafel

Post by Rafel »

Recently i purchased a portable version of your great uninstaller and I'm very very happy. Runs smoothly and without any kind of problem.
Keep up the good job.

A happy Uninstall Tool user.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Rafel
Thank you for this great feedback!

Uninstall Tool improvement will never stop.