We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Uninstall Tool Update

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about Uninstall Tool. Discussion of found bugs and problems, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

Enzo

Uninstall Tool Update

Post by Enzo »

When there is a new version of Uninstall Tool should I just update it or Uninstall the program and install the new update. I usually never use update features because after many updates they sometimes run into issues.

My only concern with Uninstall Tool is if I do uninstall could lose all my snapshots which would be very bad so feel update is the only course of action. If I get your approval all is well in using the update function will do so. Thank you & love this product :Bravo:
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Uninstall Tool Update

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

We do release all updates with saving all the features and fixing problems/issues. You can safely update to the latest version 3.3.1 WITHOUT removing existing installation. All your Install Tracker snapshots will be saved.
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Alright understood. Issue is when I click check update it doesn't install the update just notifies me of a new version. Do I need to download the new version and install and overwrite the existing Uninstall Tool? or do I need to uninstall the old version and install the new version?

Thanks.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Do I need to download the new version and install and overwrite the existing Uninstall Tool?
Exactly