We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Unable to start MFC on Windows with restricted user rights

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Unable to start MFC on Windows with restricted user rights

Post by Steven »

I am writing, as we are having one small ‘issue’ with MacFanControl running on Windows; actually it is not an issue, but lack of functionalities.

In our corporate environment, we have 8 Macs with Windows installed (company requirement). All 8 Macs are having now SSD installed (replaced with old HDD). All macs are used by normal non-admin rights users. The problem is, that the software cannot be run automatically or manually without admin rights. As we cannot give the users admin rights, it is somehow required to run the app automatically after Windows starts.

So the question is, is there any option to make it work? I have tried to put the app in ‘Startup’ folder for all users, tried also to create task scheduler to run application while logging or booting up the machine.

Also the question is, can we set one common settings for all users on the station and where the application keeps the settings?

I would be so much grateful if you could help with this task.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any input/help.