We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Autostart requires admin password.

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

stlboi

Autostart requires admin password.

Post by stlboi »

Hello, I have installed Macs Fan Control on a Windows 7 boot camp partition. When I select the option to start automatically, it will not start. I tried to bypass it by creating a task to start on login but it requires an admin password each time. I have right-clicked propteried the .exe and made sure admin permissions were to save.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you all!
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Autostart requires admin password.

Post by Steven »

stlboi
Please try the latest dev version, uncheck and check again the automatic startup option in preferences.
http://www.crystalidea.com/downloads/ma ... _dev_2.exe
stlboi

Post by stlboi »

Thank you Steven, will give it a go!
stlboi

Post by stlboi »

Looks like it still needs an admin password when ran on the user side. If I have network user accounts, would that make any difference? Thanks again for your help.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

stlboi
so the user is not admin?
stlboi

Post by stlboi »

Yes that's correct, the user does not have admin rights. I could've sworn I have used this app in the past and it auto started for the non-admin users when they logged in. Perhaps that was on the Mac OS.

I am trying to get it to work in Windows 7 Bootcamp. I tried setting both the shortcut and the .exe directly by going into Properties and checking the box 'run as admin' but no luck, along with making sure the box is checked in the app itself.

Creating a scheduled task does not work as well, because the only thing that pops up is it wanting the admin password before opening the application.

Your help is much appreciated!
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

stlboi
What if you put this option to the windows task (created by MFC):
Attachments
sshot-2016-05-26-[12-27-14].png
sshot-2016-05-26-[12-27-14].png (59.15 KiB) Viewed 9463 times
Eascert

Post by Eascert »

stlboi wrote:Hello, I have installed Macs Fan Control on a Windows 7 boot camp partition. When I select the option to start automatically, it will not start. I tried to bypass it by creating a task to start on login but it requires an admin password each time.  I have right-clicked propteried the .exe and made sure admin permissions were to save.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you all!
If you want to bypass Windows 7 password ,there are much simpler ways to bypass the restrictions . like the CMD can be used to remove the old admin password from your Windows . and you can also use it to set up a new password to access your computer , beyond that , you can even reinstall the system directly ,