We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Edit GPU Fans in Macs Fan Control

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

MadManMark

Edit GPU Fans in Macs Fan Control

Post by MadManMark »

Macs Fan Control is a great product. Any chance it can monitor and set fan speeds on a 2009 Mac Pro with a Saphire 7950 3GB Video card installed. I have a 2011 27" iMac with a home built 2.25 TB Fusion Drive with 10.11.2, which overheats when running Borderlands 2 via Steam. So I got ahold of a 2009 Mac Pro. It ALSO has a home built 2.5 TB Fusion drive with 10.10.5, and bought this $500+ Saphire HD 7950 3GB D5 Mac Video card. I use Macs Fan control on both macs and it really does a great job, however, PC's can monitor the 7950 Video cards onboard fans but for some reason Saphire does not make ANY Mac software to do the same. I am hoping maybe you guys might figure out a way to incorporate that feature into YOUR product someday. Any chance of that? Also when I use About this Mac and go to System Report, clicking on PCI produces an error and finds no information.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Edit GPU Fans in Macs Fan Control

Post by Steven »

MadManMark
Do you have a link to source code where one can see API usage for your GPU?

PS. Maybe try this
http://www.evga.com/precision/
MadManMark

Re: Edit GPU Fans in Macs Fan Control

Post by MadManMark »

Good link, unfortunately, I'm running Mac OS X, not Windows. I HAVE Windows drivers that came with the Video Card and if I install Boot Camp I can install and tweak the Windows side. I want to tweak the MAC side , however. Nobody seems to have software that monitors Mac OS X PCI video cards, the Macs Fan Control DOES monitor the 2011 27" iMac's built-in video pretty well.
I guess I am living in the proverbial "black hole".
If I install Boot Camp and run Windows 7, the link you gave me will be very handy and Thanks!