We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

1.2.1 needs its updater turned off and a "Legacy' tag.

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

Hyram

1.2.1 needs its updater turned off and a "Legacy' tag.

Post by Hyram »

So, I was prepping out an early-08 MacBook4,1 as a portable music-making machine based on Snow Leopard (because I needed Rosetta, there's some fun stuff that never left the PowerPC realm) and I popped on MFC v1.2.1. Files and folders were going every which way so I wasn't paying close attention when MFC said there was an update available.

"Oh, cool, he still cares a bit about Snowkitty, he's bugfixed an old version!" I thought and clicked 'upgrade'. Of course, this pulled down 1.4.2, which of course wouldn't even launch. Replacing it with 1.2.1 again wasn't a big drama, but it did occur to me that there's others like me who love their Snowkitties and to spare them the inconvenience, I thought it might be a good idea if you did a minor rebuild of v1.2.1 where the update check is turned OFF by default, and the splash-page bears the phrase 'LEGACY EDITION' so it's bleedin' obvious that there's no upgrade path.

I've seen a few other apps & tools which have a 'Legacy' version that works just for older systems (eg Northern Softworks' Cache Cleaner series, or The Unarchiver) so I thought you might like to do likewise with some of your products' older versions. It'd be a nice touch.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: 1.2.1 needs its updater turned off and a "Legacy' tag.

Post by Steven »

Hyram
10.6 is dropped since 1.3, in macupdate Requirements it states "OS X 10.7 or later"
You can download a special version (last to support 10.6) on our website for 10.6 that doesn't ask to upgrade:
http://crystalidea.com/downloads/legacy ... l_10.6.zip
Thanks for 2 star rating at macupdate.