We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Update on bootcamp doesn't work

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

chapichapo

Post by chapichapo »

I uninstalled the old version of MFC and downloaded the new version, and tried to install it on my bootcamp partition (windows 7). It won't let me because there are remaining files from the old version. When I tried to delete them, it says "the action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program". But it's not. I tried to reinstall MCF anyway, but it doesn't work anymore, I don't see any of the sensors and their temperatures and the min/max RPM both display 0 which is weird. It should be something like 2000 to 5700. Couldn't take a print screen cuz the laptop shut down (overheating). Soooooo, I hate Windows, I don't understand any of it but I need it at school... What did I do wrong and how can I fix it? Help please!! :)
chapichapo

Post by chapichapo »

this is what it looks like. although I installed the 1.4.4 version it still says 1.4.3...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (75.64 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

You need to uninstall the previous version. Use Process Hacker to see where it's installed and kill its process.