We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Can't get the app to work anymore

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

Nono Ono

Can't get the app to work anymore

Post by Nono Ono »

I've used Macs Fan Control in the past for several years, but from time to time the app just seems to die. I go thru a bunch of rigamarole to delete all traces of it, then reinstall. Usually, this solves my issue.
Since June, I have not been able to get the app up and running again. I get a clean new zip, unzip it, put it in applications, but when I go to Open it nothing happens. If I then try to delete the app, Finder tells me I can't because it's open. ARG!

Please help

MacBook Pro Retina, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7,
16GB RAM
OS X 10.8.5
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Can't get the app to work anymore

Post by Steven »

Please quit the app and delete this file
~/Library/Preferences/com.crystalidea.macsfancontrol.plist
Nono Ono

Post by Nono Ono »

Sorry, Steven. Same exact result. App fails to open.
sallyiscreative

Post by sallyiscreative »

Hi,
I'm having this exact same problem. Would be really nice to fix this since your app was working so well for me prior to when it stopped working.

The app just disappears for no reason, randomly.

I will add I'm running the app on Mac 10.8.5 and I don't even have that file available you list above in Preferences to delete. I seem to have no trace whatsoever of the app when it disappears...I can't find it anywhere on my Mac. This has happened twice since I installed it in April, and I've had to download and reinstall your app each time. But this time, I tried to download and reinstall and nothing....no icon, no activation, actual installation of the app was possible.

In other words, I can use the app at all any longer. Which is a huge bummer on my rebuilt iMac 27" with a new hard drive.

It would be so great to have this app back!