We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

MacBook Pro turns off randomly after update 1.4.9

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

PizdaXep

MacBook Pro turns off randomly after update 1.4.9

Post by PizdaXep »

My Macbook Pro suddenly shuts down after updating Macs Fan Control to version 1.4.9. In the settings, I set the dependence of the rotation speed of the coolers on the CPU temperature. Before turning off the coolers rotate very fast and the CPU temperature is more than 80 degrees (176 F).  I thought - WTF ?! I checked the system monitoring list and saw this shit - Macs Fan Pro loaded the CPU more than 90%. After a couple of seconds my Mac turned off again. Without a running program, my MacBook works very fine. This last Macs Fan update is worse than the Trump's hairstyle.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: MacBook Pro turns off randomly after update 1.4.9

Post by Steven »

Please see the last question here:
https://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-control/faq
PizdaXep

Post by PizdaXep »

I saw it. I'm tired of resetting the SMC every time before starting the Mac. In addition, I began to observe problems with the battery charge and very high CPU usage by kernel_task when using the updated version of your application. It helped me - complete removal of Macs Fan Control and reset the SMC again. Please fix these problems in the new update. In the previous version I didn't have any troubles.
driano

Post by driano »

I have the same problem!
I update the mac fan control on my old macbook pro and now it turn off all the time and cant go to the system =/ maybe high temperature because of the fan...
What can i do to start the mac os again and remove the mac fan control and install the old one? :( i'm think the fan is not working now and getting high temperature so the macbook turn off after some seconds... 

**UPDATE**
I remove the battery, press the power button for 5 7 seconds, put the power cable and now the mac os is running... i remove the app and install the old version and now is ok :D