We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

multiple MFC installed and do not show up in Applications

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

skyshaper

multiple MFC installed and do not show up in Applications

Post by skyshaper »

Hi thank for Macs Fan Control!

After installing the latest update, v149, my old version v148 is still running alongside and keeps reminding me about update. It seems I have two versions installed when I search in Spotlight but neither shows up when I look into the Application folder. How can I uninstall the old version, or better everything, and then install from scratch?

I run OSX 10.9.5 on an MacBook Pro 17" 2011.

Cheers!
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: multiple MFC installed and do not show up in Applications

Post by Steven »

Hi,

Simply remove the old version from Applications.
skyshaper

Post by skyshaper »

Hi Steven

thanks for your reply! However no versions of Macsfancontrol were visible in the Application folder. I first thought they were installed somewhere else or hidden.

I now found a way by searching for Macsfancontrol in Spotlight, then opening Containing Folder with Command+R in order to be able to delete them.

Works fine now with v149 thanks!

Best,
skyshaper

Post by skyshaper »

hi again

I just learned that there are two Applications folders in my Mac and that Macsfancontrol are one of the few to be installed in ~/Applications/  (the Home directory for my user account) and not the "top" /Applications/ directory where all the other programs are found. So that's why it didnt show up in the "normal" Appiication folder! I also found some other old programs there like "STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic" that I forgot I had installed :D

Thanks again for a great program. A life saver to keep the temperature down for my 2011 MacBok Pro with the know GPU glitch and using Bootcamp Windows 7 as extra.