We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Virtual Disk Support

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about AnyToISO. Discussion of bugs and problems found in AnyToISO, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

kungfuu72

Virtual Disk Support

Post by kungfuu72 »

I would like to have support for the following virtual disks file formats to be converted to ISO:

*.vhd
*.vmdk
*.vdi

Is this possible? Please consider it.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Virtual Disk Support

Post by Steven »

kungfuu72
Thanks for the proposal but I'm afraid these formats won't be supported, as they're not optical media images. Can you a scenario when such conversion would be required?
kungfuu72

Post by kungfuu72 »

When we say conversion we mean:

*.vhd to *.iso
*.vmdk to *.iso
*.vdi to *.iso

Finding an application to simply "mount" a virtual drive has been unsuccessful and there are not many options out there. I have not found one yet that is up to date and that works on current Maverick or Mountain Lion.

I understand that these are not optical media but neither is are my USB thumb drives. I use your program to systematically backup my thumb drives to ISO so I can easily mount them in the future when needed.

I wanted these file formats to be supported so that I can back up my data on my virtual machines to ISO format so that I can mount it easily in the future.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

kungfuu72
Thanks for the information, we'll consider adding these formats.