We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Mac: Cant use ISO after converting from NRG

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about AnyToISO. Discussion of bugs and problems found in AnyToISO, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

PeteC

Mac: Cant use ISO after converting from NRG

Post by PeteC »

Hi there,

I have a Mac, and your AnyToIso software. I have converted several NRG files, and when I tried to open or burn any of them, they all say that they cannot be opened, reason: not recognised.

Please help me! I am currently trying to see if they will write OK on a PC, but it will take some time to transfer them across. Also, the only writing software I have on my PC is Nero, and I'm not sure if it works it will be because of that

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

-------

Edit:

Further to this, I have now tried converting with the PC version of the software, and can burn the ISO files it makes, but only have Nero to write with. I have copied one of the ISO files from the Mac, and I can write that OK on the PC. Interesting to note that there is a discrepancy in the file size between the Windows and the Mac formats. About to try writing the PC converted file on a Mac, will update you shortly.

Edit 2:

The conversions on the PC cannot be written on a Mac. Same error: not recognised. I will see if I can test using another piece of software to burn the ISO files on the PC, other than Nero.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Mac: Cant use ISO after converting from NRG

Post by Steven »

PeteC
Can you please share one that NRG file with us in order to fix the issue? Any way is acceptable - http/ftp/torrent, any free file hosting.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply, uploaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YZFUIDRZ

Look forwards to your feedback.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear PeteC.

Thank your for feedback. Actually I meant to upload the original NRG file.

Actually this ISO file is 100% valid, and it actually contains an image of a 1.44 Floppy disk image (FAT12, NOT CD)

I have extracted it with a 3rd party software and created a CD ISO with its contents (with AnyToISO "Folder to ISO" function):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xqkqxu
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

My apologies, I mis-read, I will upload the NRG file next time I am in the office. Is there any way other than extracting the ISO with software that isn't yours, and then creating the ISO again as to making it mount' burn on a Mac? My company has purchased your software to consolidate our library of disks to ISOs for simplification and writing on a Mac, none of the NRG files we have converted mount/burn on a Mac.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear PeteC

AnyToISO is specialized for working with ISO images of CD/DVD/Blue-ray images, not floppy 1.44MB images and FAT12 file system, which are deprecated.
AnyToISO complete technical guide
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Hi Steven,

Strangely enough today most of the ISO's are working! The few that don't work are two DVDs, which are 3+gb to upload, which I can't upload due to time and bandwidth constraints. With these particular ones (as it's just 3 in a total of 20 or so) I can always re-image them on the Mac, it was the general thing that was an issue for me. Thank you for your help, can you please let me know what software you used to unpack the PcCheck ISO?

Pete
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear Pete,

If you have any problems with some images, please try uploading them or give us torrent/ftp/http link. This will help fixing any issue (if it exists) promptly.

I'm afraid this option will not be implemented in near future. 1.44 MB images and FAT12 file system are history today