We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Read Error 13 (Mac)

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about AnyToISO. Discussion of bugs and problems found in AnyToISO, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

rgelfand

Read Error 13 (Mac)

Post by rgelfand »

Hi,

I just purchased the pro license and tried to copy my first DVD to an ISO file to store on my server. I entered in all the info and pressed "Make ISO" and received the following error message:

01:56:40 - Opening media device, please wait...
01:56:40 - Total data size is 6.46 GB
01:56:40 - Creating ISO...
01:56:40 - Read error 13, please contact support for assistance
01:56:40 - Cannot read sectors at 800
01:56:41 - ISO creation failed

I tried it with a second DVD and received the same message. Can you please tell me how to rectify this.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Read Error 13

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

What sort of DVD is it? Does it have a copy protection?
rgelfand

Post by rgelfand »

I had bought the old Superman series from the 1950's. I didn't think they would have any copy protection on them but I now think that I may be mistaken. The second disc I tried was the old Batman serial from the 1940's so again I did not expect it to have any copy protection but maybe because they are Warner Brothers DVD's they put copy protection on them regardless of their ages.

I'm now putting all my DVD's onto my storage media so I can play them back with media player. I am able to rip them but one episode at a time which is a pain as there are 6 seasons and it is so much easier to copy the entire disk and use the menus. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can do this?

Sincerely,

Robert Gelfand
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

Could you please specify your operating system (Windows or Mac)?
rgelfand

Post by rgelfand »

Steven,

I have a Mac running OS X Lion but I am also running Parallels with Windows 7 though I seem to have problems accessing the DVD from Windows programs.

Thanks,

Bob
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear Robert,

Creating ISO of a disk means to create a raw copy of every sector of the disk. The error 13 on Mac means

Code: Select all

#define EACCES		13	/* Permission denied */
So it really seems that these disks have some sort of copy protection. Copying data of such media should be done in 2 ways: copying simply files from the disk or use DVD ripping software.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Read Error 13 (Mac)

Post by Steven »

Probably improved in AnyToISO 3.3