We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Conversion size limitated to DVD size only?

Ask, answer questions, and express your opinion about AnyToISO. Discussion of bugs and problems found in AnyToISO, feature requests

Moderator: Steven

sectionine

Conversion size limitated to DVD size only?

Post by sectionine »

I am in need of converting and or extracting an OSX made backup image of my OSX hard drive (.DMG) to an .ISO image using Windows 7. I have tried MagicISO already, and it seems AnyToISO is of the same limitation of 10GB. Before I purchase the Pro version, can you please confirm if there IS a size limitation with AnyToISO and why? Thanks for you time. Aaron
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Conversion size limitated to DVD size only?

Post by Steven »

Dear sectionine,

AnyToISO is free to convert CD images (up to 870 MB), Professional license allows to convert DVD images (unlimited size).
The program also can extract DMG files:
Complete Features list
sectionine

Post by sectionine »

Thanks for information. Please note however, that nowhere in your documentation (that I have been able to find) does it show the the size limitations, that is beyond the limitations of the free version on CD images. It can be quite deceptive to only list the professional version allowing DVD size image files, when the pro version actually has NO size limitations. I would suggest adding it. Many of your competitors, especially MagicISO, do have size limitations on their software (10GB) making your software superior in many ways. I will be purchasing the Pro version because of the unlimited size feature. Thanks!
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

sectionine
Thank you, actually the information about size limitation is written in the help file, bug we'll consider putting it to the website.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Complete program documentation is available in PDF