We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

SpeedyFox and Win7

Top popular freeware SpeedyFox
donb

SpeedyFox and Win7

Post by donb »

i just started using SpeedyFox and have obtained good results with my winXP machine.

but on my win7 machine, i did not have the same experience. come to find out, Firefox on win7 utilizes simultaneous profiles in two different locations. i then had to manually navigate to the other profile directory and optimize that one in addition and now i see results.

it would be nice if SpeedFox could either, 1) have the other profile listed so that one does not have to go find it each and every time, or 2) have SpeedFox know that there is another directory for win7 users and then automatically optimize that one additionally.

btw, the profile locations i am referring to are the AppData>Roaming directory (SpeedFox finds that one) and the AppData>Local directory. part of the profile data is kept in each one separately with the same random directory name.
donb

Re: SpeedyFox and Win7

Post by donb »

i found a work-a-round.

in the path name just replace roaming with local.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Great! :smile:
donb

Post by donb »

i actually did not try what i said before making that statement. i just discovered you can't just edit the displayed path directly. :fool:

i suppose i can use the command line option to have it point to the local profile directory in win7. would be nice if it knew to look there on it's own though.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Dear sir,

SpeedyFox has a command line options, just read more info at home page (Command line usage)