We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Cannot right click on SpeedyFox EXE file

Top popular freeware SpeedyFox
LWL

Cannot right click on SpeedyFox EXE file

Post by LWL »

Can you explain to me why it is that when.... I download the latest version of Speedyfox from your site, and Ido a rick click on the exe file to read its properties....why does it hang up, stall, and bring up Dr Watson in the Taskbar services. I then have to manually kill Dr Watson to get it to stop. Is this a bug???

I can right click on other other progams to bring up the properties but NOT YOURS! It always brings up DR WATSON for some reason!!!

I know how to run the program to speed up Firefox, just wonder why I cannot right click it and read the properties??? Please help!!
LWL

Re: Cannot right click on EXE file without it crashing!!

Post by LWL »

Would someone please download speedyfox and do a right click on it(the exe file) to see if it will hang up and stall, and see if it will bring up the properties on it.For me, it will bring up DR.WATSON IN THE SERVICES TASKBAR TAB AND THEN CRASH EXOLORER.EXE

Post your answer here.

THANKS FOR YOUF HELP.
LWL :-)
wolfxr

Post by wolfxr »

LWL
The program is all right, it works fine, look for the problem in your system
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

LWL
wolfxr is right. The problem seems to be in one of your shell extensions. Check your system configuration
LWL

Re: Cannot right click on SpeedyFox EXE file

Post by LWL »

Thank you for your help but my configuration is NOT the problem.

I can do a RIGHT CLICK WITH MY MOUSE on any other EXE file I have on my machine and it will bring up A RIGHT CLICK MENU OF DIFFERENT THINGS, I can PERFORM.

It is ONLY with this partiicular version of speedyfox that it HANGS UP on and then gives me the error.

It will NOT bring up a right click menu for some reason. I have an older version which works perfectly with a right click,it is ONLY THE CURRENT ONE.

Did any of you, do a right click on the program TO TRY AND BRING UP A RIGHT CLICK MENU ON THE CURRENT VERSION, or did you just double click it to open it and then run the program.

I can open it by double clicking on it, and it will run fine, but I CANNOT DO A RIGHT CLICK ON IT WHICH IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO.it is NOT working.

Hey,it's OK....I will work it out somehow. Thanks anyhow for trying to help.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

What is the error?
LWL

Post by LWL »

Here is the error that pops up when I do a "RIGHT CLICK" on the speedyfox.exe file....

application - explorer.exe
The instruction at 0x7c917c43 referenced memory could not be read.Click Ok to terminate or Cancel to debug,if does NOT debug if I choose that option, just hangs and sits there.
---------------------------------------------------
Then it just sits them stalled and I have to open the Task Manager and terminate the DRWATSON32.exe that it brings up when it is trying to debug it I guess.
---------------------------------------------------
On the older speedyfox.exe file before the release of this one, I can do a "RIGHT CLICK" to read the properties on it and IT WORKS JUST FINE.NO ERRORS,NO CRASHES.

I did boot into "SAFE MODE" and try doing a "RIGHT CLICK" on it and it works fine in safe mode for some reasonm, but then on a regular boot if I try THE RIGHT CLICK ON IT,IT CRASHES!! If it works in safe mode using the explorer shell then it should work in a normal bootup when it is on the desktop. Weird!!! Using Windows XP.SP3, all updated at present
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

As we said. the problem is in Windows Explorer (one of its shell extensions).
Topic closed.