We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Shutdown problem on Windows XP

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

nonofurbiz

Shutdown problem on Windows XP

Post by nonofurbiz »

I just updated to the 1.1.8.1 version and suddenly my computer shutdown or restart wont respond anymore. After I kill the MFC process the computer shutdowns/restarts as it shoud..? Luckily i have the 1.1.7 and installed that one, everything works (besides the update reminder everytime the computer starts..). As it seems is the Qt5 u implemented causing some bugs on my setup imac11,1 and windows xp, besides the fact that i have to use a startup delayer to start mfc, otherwise it errors saying that the smc layer is not loaded yet...
nonofurbiz

Re: Updating could be better

Post by nonofurbiz »

Steven do you have any idea whats going on with MFC causing Windows XP not wanting to shutdown/restart..? Should i install a newer/older .NET framework or what is Qt5 using different then Qt4 running on 1.1.7..

Thanks!
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Updating could be better

Post by Steven »

nonofurbiz
Can you record 2 videos
- normal shutdown with 1.1.7
- shutdown problem with 1.1.8.1
?

We also need screenshot of the main window of Macs Fan Control + technical information from the about dialog.
nonofurbiz

Re: Shutdown problem on Windows XP

Post by nonofurbiz »

I would be happy to record some screenshots but theres actually nothing smart to record.

Normal shutdown meaning going to Start->Shutdown the computer->Shutdown. The computer shutdowns and thats it with version 1.1.7.

With version 1.1.8.1 the same process, Start->Shutdown the computer->Shutdown, and nothing happens. Trying Restart results in nothing as Shutdown. After killing or exiting MFC the shutdown/restart works normal again.

Technical information from the about dialog, what exactly am i looking for?

Thanks.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Shutdown problem on Windows XP

Post by Steven »

Here it is:
Attachments
sshot-2014-02-20-03-41-43.png
sshot-2014-02-20-03-41-43.png (65.29 KiB) Viewed 5048 times