We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Window Server crashes caused by Macs Fan control?

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

Kenfro

Window Server crashes caused by Macs Fan control?

Post by Kenfro »

I am having recurring Window Server crashes on my Mac. These happened previously concurrent with my installation of MFC. I then uninstalled and went without for a while and the crashes ceased, but had temperature issues. So I reinstalled MFC and the crashes are back. I noticed that when I have these Window Server Crashes, open apps suddenly quit and reopen, including an MFC error window. In this window, MFC mentions font conflicts it is unable to resolve. It then lists dozens (maybe hundreds) of fonts, none of which I have, which all seem to maybe be foreign language fonts. WHY does MFC need fonts? Why is there this conflict, and could this be causing my WindowServer_date_localhost.crash ? It happens 2, 3, 4 times a day, maybe more (twice today already.) I thought perhaps it was a conflict with Photoshop, but the latest time it wasn't open. Is there perhaps a conflict with Apple Mail or Safari which are always open?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Window Server crashes caused by Macs Fan control?

Post by Steven »

I can't imagine how this can be caused by MFC, frankly speaking
Kenfro

Re: Window Server crashes caused by Macs Fan control?

Post by Kenfro »

"Frankly speaking" or not, why does MFC freeze when it reopens, asking for fonts I don't, and never have had? Why does MFC need fonts to operate in the first place? In addition does MFC somehow disable the OSX fan control? When I boot up in Safe Mode to try and isolate the problem, MFC does not run, the fans spin slowly and I get thermal crashes.