We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Wrong v1.3.0 download link for Snow Leopard?

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

Schmye Bubbula

Wrong v1.3.0 download link for Snow Leopard?

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

The "for 10.6" link for Macs Fan Control 1.3.0 still downloads v1.2.1. Could the correct link get fixed, please?

Or if that's indeed the correct version for Snow Leopard, then please break it out from under the v1.3.0 heading as a separate link and indicate that it's really supposed to be v1.2.1, to avoid confusion. Thank you.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Wrong v1.3.0 download link for Snow Leopard?

Post by Steven »

Schmye Bubbula

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

Oh, I see, thanks!... You know, I never would have found that News item in a million years, because it falls before the "Macs Fan Control 1.2 is out" item, the last one visible on the home page (even after v1.2.1), so it wouldn't have occurred to me to need to dig into the news archives.

All this confusion could be avoided if the product page's main download link looked like this:
"Download: (version 1.3.0)
ImageMacs Fan Control for Mac OS X (7.95 MB, OS X 10.7+, download
last supported version 1.2.1 for 10.6)"[/size]
[my emphasis]

I'm sad to see Snow Leopard support dropped. It wouldn't be a problem if subsequent OS X versions were worth a damn, but a lot more than this site's 7% hit rate are clinging to Snow Leopard for dear life, inasmuch as it remains the best, most trouble-free OS Apple *ever* released. Indeed, as of this past April, the installed base of OS X 10.6 remains greater than that of 10.8 and 10.7. I do recognize that the WormyFruit™ has made it very difficult for developers to keep supporting Snow Leopard, and there's not much you can do about it. But I also have been led to understand that Apple makes it just about as hard to support 10.8 and 10.7 as it does 10.6.
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Schmye Bubbula
I understand your concern. We can do nothing about it: the Qt framework we use in our products no longer supports 10.6 but we want to use the latest version of it (new features, fixes, etc)
You know, I never would have found that News item in a million years
Follow us in twitter not to miss anything ;)

PS. Our last month web stats:
10.10 - 67,64 %
10.9 - 14,84 %
10.6 - 6,29 %
10.7 - 5,54 %
10.8 - 4,78 %
10.5 - 0,47 %