We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Skype was optimized much more than i've expected

Top popular freeware SpeedyFox
DrageFabeldyr

Skype was optimized much more than i've expected

Post by DrageFabeldyr »

My friend offer me to install speedyfox to accelerate firefox launching and i gave it a try.
About firefox all i can say - it really works.
But(t) also it optimized my Skype

first time on my pc i left skype on and after optimizing it lost all the groups, list of last discussions and don't want to load history also it lost one contact which wrote me while i did it all and everytime i tried to open discussion skype crashed. i realize that it can be my own fault, but after reinstallation skype still doesn't have groups, history and list of last discussions. the lost contact is back and have no more problem

than i've tried to do the same on my notebook, but this time i switched off skype. this try was much better - only i've lost - groups also in list of last discussions there are all the discussions except two ones i've converted to groups so i can't do it again

when i open skype at home i see alll the groups and all the messages i've sent from my "first try pc"

in conclusion - i think deleting groups is not the part of optimizing :smile:
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Skype was optimized much more than i've expected

Post by Steven »

DrageFabeldyr
1. SpeedyFox doesn't modify SQLITE databases of Skype. It just does the VACUUM command
https://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html

2. One should better quit Skype before optimizing.
DrageFabeldyr

Post by DrageFabeldyr »

i think, that as you see in my example there is some problems, when "overwriting the original with the contents of the temporary file" if skype is running
so, in my opinion, it would be better not to let user possibility to optimize until (s)he quit skype
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Post by Steven »

Normally SpeedyFox detects if Skype is running and warns. Does it do it for you?
DrageFabeldyr

Post by DrageFabeldyr »

yes, it does.
i've tried it again on my home computer and everything is fine this time, so i think all the problems are because first time i didn't quit skype

so as i wrote before i think you shouldn't let user possibility to optimize until (s)he quit the program or at least add smth like "you can lose your data" in warning

i can explain - usual user think this way - "if i ignore warning program will do nothing" but it does
and i still don't understand why i've lost my groups on notebook