We have discontinued this forum and moved support tickets to the GitHub issue tracker. More info

Thoughts on Macs Fan Control. +WIshlist.

Control fans on Apple hardware: iMacs, Macbooks, etc

Moderator: Steven

theomoto

Thoughts on Macs Fan Control. +WIshlist.

Post by theomoto »

I own a late 2012 Mac mini i5. Had problem with the temperatures were getting high and the fan didn't speed up. Long story sort I found that Macs fan control is the most stable of fan control programms and I think it could be better. :D Some additions like controlling fan speed using increments (like from 42 to 52 celsius the fan spins at 1800rpm, from 53 to 62 spins at 1900 rpm and from say 70 and up the fan increases its speed as the Macs fan control now does.), and having ready to go presets for controling fan speed manually as well as when fan speed is controlled accordingly to a sensor. Anyone has some other ideas?
Steven
CrystalIDEA Developer

Re: Thoughts on Macs Fan Control. +WIshlist.

Post by Steven »

Hi,

I'm sorry i didn't understand the idea of increments
theomoto

Re: Thoughts on Macs Fan Control. +WIshlist.

Post by theomoto »

What I meant is that the user could adjust the upper and the lower threshold of each increment and the rpm that the fan will spin in that increment.(for example from 50 to 60 celcius the fan speed is to 2000rpm, from 60 to 70 the fan speed is 2500rpm..). Also the min fan speed could be adjusted, while the fan speeds ups or slows down according to a sensor (as you do with the current version). Plus the option to save the sensor based value and to change who controls the fan(system or app or consant rpm from the menu bar.