The solution came in this procedure :
When I was asked to send a mirror image of my partition in order to debug the problem, I decided to clean it first of all of it's programs startups in the Startup folder
and in the registry Run
keys. It amounted to more than a dozen programs. I used SysInternal AutoRun
to do the job. I also disabled all services not related to my hardware in AutoRun
After having done a clean rebot, I tested again Uninstaller Tool and... VOILÀ !
It was working again ! I reinstated all services in AutoRun
, little bit at a time to identify the culprit and... no culprit in the services ! I did reinstated one by one all my startup programs in the Startup
folder and the Run
keys and... NO culprit there either !
It seams that only the procedure of disabling everything, rebooting, restarting UT will resurrect it ! You then reinstate all your suspended Startups
and that does the trick !!!
PS : as of a reward
, I would like you to consider a modification to UT that is : intercepting a reboot after uninstallating something in order to enable us to perform the "Forced suppression" feature ! There are two reboots that you should intercept : the auto-reboots, and the manual ones that we mechanicaly click on a popup asking window because we forget that it prevents us from doing the "Forced suppression" ! If at least the item would remain in UT in this situation so that we could do it after the reboot ! But NO ! It disappears and is no longer available